like you ain’t heard, chromeo are playing dublin tomorrow. the last time they played ireland i was busy trying to hassle diplo for an interview, so missed their show. pretty annoyed, but such is life. you know some of the best things with the chromeo name attached are remixes? every time they put something out, they really get the best there is both to complement and to rework their sound.
Posted in MP3, News
Tagged Aeroplane, Boy 8-Bit, Carte Blanche, Christian Martin, Chromeo, Eli Escobar, Lifelike, Man Parrish, Pase Rock, Playgroup, Siriusmo, Stanton Warriors, The Juan MacLean, Trevor Jackson, Zdar
i really should have done this ages ago. check out this cool interview with trevor jackson of playgroup/output fame. talking graphic design, music, movies, it’s an interesting insight into someone who’s had a pretty profound effect on dance music over the last two decades.
You’ll have a hard time finding a gospel that Trevor Jackson hasn’t spread. From designing now classic record sleeves for S-Express, Jungle Brothers or Todd Terry, doing artwork for Soulwax, setting up a record label called Output or being one of the most adroit DJs on the planet with an unquenchable thirst for records, Jackson did it all. Starting out caring and sharing UK hip hop with bands like The Brotherhood on his Bite It! platform, Jackson also remixed artists like U2 or Massive Attack’s Protection under his Underdog alias, gave ‘80s music a cosmetic surgery with his adored Playgroup project, and most of all turned Output into one of the most important labels ever to come out of Britain. Think ZE Records 2.0 and you are halfway there. With a catalogue of hundred releases from the likes of Four Tet, MU, Lopazz, The Rapture and LCD Soundsystem, Jackson merged the approach of dance music with the dynamics of indie bands. The effects seem to last forever. He is for real!
Trevor Jackson lecture for Red Bull Music Academy
just last weekend another white light mix dropped from space, this time courtesy of danny daze. as usual it’s packed with laidback yet upbeat tracks from the likes of classixx, holy ghost! and playgroup, not to mention the unknown gems i’m surely about to discover. all previous mixes are still available at the blog, and this time around danny has his mix up in two formats: both as a single track, like most online mixes, and as a split folder ready to keep your last.fm happy.
1. Pino D’angio – Ma Quale Idea
2. Shock – Shock Talk (U-Tern Remix)
3. Menusha & The Girls – You Boys (Can Boogie)
4. Roman Salzger – Alpha Centauri
5. Seelenluft – Manila (Headman Remix)
6. PNAU – With You Forever
7. Kraak & Smaak – Bobby & Whitney
8. Club House – Do It Again Billie
9. Jimmy Bo Horne – Spank
10. Tony Cook & The Party People – On The Floor (Rock It)
11. The Golden Filter – Solid Gold
12. It’s A War – Kano
13. Classixx – I’ll Get You ft. Jeppe
14. Señor Stereo – Unintentional ft. Danny Daze
15. College – Fantasy Park (Moulinex Remix)
16. Holy Ghost! – I Will Come Back
17. Señor Stereo – I Am The Beat ft. Louisahhh!!!
18. Syclops – Where’s Jason’s K
19. Donna Summer – I Feel Love
20. Jamiroquai – Canned Heat
21. Chaz Jankel – Get Myself Together
22. Macho – Not Tonight
23. Teddybears – Black Belt
24. The Rapture – I Need Your Love (Playgroup Remix)
25. Señor Stereo – Babe We’re Gonna Love Tonight ft. Lookbook
26. Waldorf – You’re My Disco
27. Eine Kleine Nacht Musik – La Serenissima
28. Tiga – Type of Guy
29. C-Mos – 2 Million Ways
Danny Daze – White Light vol 9 (Split for CD)
Danny Daze – White Light vol 9 (Single track direct link from whitelightmixes.com)